-
January 22nd, 2003, 07:23 PM
#1
Inactive Member
Did a search but that gave me like 20 differant belt sizes. Need belt sizes for JRSC GSR with Jim's stepper pulley and STOCK crank pulley.
Crank to Alt.:800mm (maybe?)
Alt. to SC:???mm
What are you all using on your GSR's?
-
January 22nd, 2003, 09:03 PM
#2
Senior Hostboard Member
NOTE: All Belts are 4-rib, NAPA Belts run smaller than all other belts, so sizes will need to be increased(10-20mm), I tried an 830mm NAPA belt and it was too big, I also tried an 800mm NAPA belt and it was too small. I ended up putting an 815mm Dayco belt on becuase of time constraints and I already had the 815mm belt. An 800mm Dayco belt is supposed to work fine.
For your application, you will just use the belt size for the 6psi setup (the alternator to crank) being that there is no difference between the Stepper and original pulley on the alternator-crank side. You will use a 640mm belt for the blower to alternator.
Stock Belt Sizes
AC = 31" = 790mm
PS = 36.5" = 930mm
Alt. = 33" = 835mm
6psi JRSC Belt Sizes
AC = 31" = 790mm
PS = 36.5" = 930mm
Alt. = 31.5" = 800mm
Blower = 24.5" = 620mm
9psi Stepper
AC = 31" = 790mm
PS = 36.5" = 930mm
Alt. = 31.5" = 800mm
Blower = 640mm
10psi JRSC with CRV Pulley Belt Sizes
AC = ????
PS = 900mm = 35.5”
Alt. = 850mm = 33.5”
Blower = 24.5" = 620mm
8psi JRSC with Blower Pulley Belt Sizes
AC = 31" = 790mm
PS = 36.5" = 930mm
Alt. = 31.5" = 800mm
Blower = 23.4"-24" = 595mm-610mm
Credits: Holden did provide a lot of the info, but I have cleared up quite a few things from the original posting.
<font color="#a62a2a" size="1">[ January 22, 2003 09:43 PM: Message edited by: CROM ]</font>
-
January 22nd, 2003, 09:34 PM
#3
Inactive Member
Thank you CROM, that was very helpfull.
So I guess I'm going to go buy 620mm & 800mm Dayco belts.
By the way, Has anyone used a belt on there car that they thought was better than any other belt they used? Please explain.
-
January 22nd, 2003, 10:15 PM
#4
Senior Hostboard Member
No problem,
But for the stepper you want a 640mm belt, not a 620...
-
January 23rd, 2003, 01:00 AM
#5
Inactive Member
Cool, thanks for the help CROM [img]graemlins/thumbs_up.gif[/img]
-
January 23rd, 2003, 01:24 AM
#6
Inactive Member
Thief!
<font color="#a62a2a" size="1">[ January 22, 2003 09:32 PM: Message edited by: Holden ]</font>
-
January 23rd, 2003, 01:33 AM
#7
Senior Hostboard Member
Oh, does Gwegowy feel weft out?? [img]graemlins/cry.gif[/img] [img]graemlins/kiss.gif[/img]
<font color="#a62a2a" size="1">[ January 23, 2003 10:13 AM: Message edited by: CROM ]</font>
-
January 25th, 2003, 01:02 AM
#8
Inactive Member
I'm looking to replace my belts soon - does anyone know if the Dayco Serpentine belts are the same as what we know as 4-rib belts?
http://www.daycoproducts.com/products/polycogbelt.htm
-
January 25th, 2003, 02:29 PM
#9
Senior Hostboard Member
No, that is a 6 Rib belt, atleast that is what it looks like from the picture. Surpentine belts are used in lots of applications, mostly domestic(supra's have them too). A surpentine belt is a belt that runs more than one accessory, like a belt that wraps around everything to make it turn...
Just count the ribs, they are the ridges, not the grooves...our belts have 4 ridges(ribs) and 3 grooves(valleys so to speak). All the poly cog belts have that odd dotted line sort of pattern for the belt ribs instead of one solid rib all the way around the belt like the Bando belts we got with our kit and the Napa belts, they say the poly cog technology is better for various reasons and they carry a lifetime warranty I believe.
I think I have an extra in my car, ill go take a picture later today.
Pictures, as promised
This one is a little grainy. This is a Bando belt(from the JR Kit) and you can see the 4 ribs, and 3 grooves.

This is the box of a Dayco Belt, you want the 4PK0800. The 800 designates 800mm and the 4 designates 4 rib I believe. I was in a hurry and got the 815.

<font color="#a62a2a" size="1">[ January 25, 2003 09:32 PM: Message edited by: CROM ]</font>
-
January 27th, 2003, 12:14 AM
#10
Inactive Member
Posting Permissions
- You may not post new threads
- You may not post replies
- You may not post attachments
- You may not edit your posts
-
Forum Rules
Bookmarks